The Alexander Scholarship Program offers economically challenged students who have the desire,
dedication and musical aptitude, an opportunity to pursue serious musical study.
The scholarships are available for students of all ages and levels to study with Mary Fleming
in her studio in Fairfax, California.
They supplement the cost of private lessons for those who
qualify for financial assistance and are paid directly to the teacher.
This program is made possible due to the generous donations of an anonymous benefactor.
- Each student must have a piano on which they can practice daily for at
least the amount of time of the weekly lesson.
- A handwritten letter from the student describing any past musical experience and explaining
why he or she wants to study the piano.
- If applicant is a minor, a letter from the parent or guardian stating his or her commitment to encouraging
daily practice and productivity of the student.
- A letter of recommendation from the primary classroom teacher and from any previous music teacher.
- Auditions and interviews will be arranged following application.